11/19/15

Things to Watch - Netflixing (November 2015)

peabody (1 of 1)

F broke her collarbone and soccer season for all three kids ended, so we have A LOT of time to watch TV this fall (for better or worse). Odd how the days changed so suddenly, a few weeks ago we were scurrying from one soccer practice to another one. And now we're all at home, together, walking the dogs and eating dinner by 6:30. I must admit, I'm loving this downtime.

So here are are current addictions:

JUST ADULTS:

* I just finished binge-watching Aziz Ansari's new Netflix show, Masters of None, which I'm totally obsessed with. Episode 9 might be my favorite episode of tv ever. The show is great in that it takes on hot topics such as: racism, sexism, parenthood, old people, etc. in insightful, non-preachy ways.

* Have you seen, What Happened Miss Simone? It's so good. A summary of Nina Simone's life and of the 1960s civil rights' movement. Now I can't stop listening to Mississippi Goddam over and over again.

* Dan has decided to rewatch all seasons of Arrested Development. Random fact, we almost named F May Bee because we were obsessed with that show when she was born. Luckily, we didn't because a few years later Call Me Maybe became a huge pop hit.

* I'm currently making my way through Ken Burn's The Roosevelts, which is the perfect background show while I edit photos. Teddy Roosevelt was kind of an egomaniac.


JUST KIDS:

* The girls keep talking about the movie Standing Ovation, which has the subheading of "dance sing dream" and Hoodwinked, a "hilarious" movie about fairy tale characters.

* T continues to love Ninjago and the Avengers cartoon.

* On Saturday mornings, they all still like My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic.


KIDS & ADULTS:

* Peabody and Sherman is now a cartoon talk show (see photo above). We haven't had a chance to watch yet, but the cold days are coming and we're excited for something new.

* In the meantime, Dan and the kids are watching Once Upon a Time together, the kids seem to love it (I'm not so sure about Dan).

* And for family movie night, we've recently watched Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Footloose, two of my favorite movies ever.

[Disclaimer- I receive compensation for posting about Netflix, but I decide what I want to write about and what I want to say.]

StreamTeamBadge

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...