10/7/15

Places to Go - Swords, Jousting, and Hair Braiding at Maryland Renaissance Festival (Annapolis, MD)

001-storyboard
002-storyboard
003-storyboard

We first visited the Maryland Renaissance Festival about seven years ago, before T was born. I found the whole place a little large and overwhelming - not particularly stroller-friendly and full of people who take RenFair super seriously (I pointed out a women in costume to F, saying "look, there's a princess." And was then told, in a not very friendly voice, that said woman was most definitely NOT a princess, but a lady in waiting. um, sorry? I think.). Plus, even after you pay a decently-large admission price, all activities cost an extra dollar or two, making me feel like I was being nickel-and-dimed out of all my money.

That experience, however, is all in the past. BECAUSE I NOW LOVE RENFEST!!

This year we had more than a few friends go and tell us how there's nothing more fun to do with the grade school crowd. Regarding the cost issue, one of my friends noted that when you look at the total amount of money spent, Renfest is still much cheaper than most county fairs and/or theme parks. So even though everything (games, rides, slides, mazes, animal houses) costs an extra few dollars, you'll still spend much less than you might at a comparable location. Plus, all performances are free, the food is cheap, and they serve alcohol.

So a few weekends a go, when Dan was on a guys' trip, the kids and I met up with some friends and had a fabulous afternoon. In fact, now they keep asking when we can go again.

The Renaissance Festival goes through October 25. Tickets cost $24 for adults and $10 for children 7 and over (younger children are free). Two day passes are also available. For more info, click here.

004-storyboard
005-storyboard
006-storyboard
007-storyboard

I am awful at girls' hair (hence why mine never grows longer than shoulder-length). And I have all sorts of mom guilt about the fact that I can't even french braid (P asked me to study on youtube, but I quit after a few "lessons"), so I splurged at the fair on hair braiding for the girls (P's braid cost about $20 and F's updo was closer to $30). Don't they look gorgeous?

008-storyboard
009-storyboard
010-storyboard
011-storyboard
012-storyboard
013-storyboard
014-storyboard
015-storyboard
016-storyboard
017-storyboard
018-storyboard
019-storyboard

Regarding the staged fighting, the girls found it somewhat boring, but T was entranced.

020-storyboard
021-storyboard
022-storyboard
023-storyboard
024-storyboard

The maze could not have been very hard, but apparently we have no sense of direction. We spent quite a long time in there, which was sort of awesome.

HAPPY WEDNESDAY EVERYONE!! What have you been up to this autumn?

3 comments:

  1. Their manager rocks! Thanks to their great team, I'm so happy I choose this venue for my event! I had a great time at LA venues and think the atmosphere is as good as it gets. I will be astonished if I ever find a negative review on these guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a team of professional stylists who can give you the best advice for your hair & braid that would suit you. Praise Hair Braiding in Maryland is always ready to serve you.
    Hair Braiding in Maryland

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all I would like to thank you for writing this post I love both writing and reading new posts and I was just looking at new posts to see me something new, only then I saw your post and the rest of the post is praiseworthy.
    sofeeya.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...