11/14/14

Things to Do - Grateful List (October 2014)

team (1 of 4)

ARTS:
* Reading The Goldfinch (I liked it, but didn't love it)
* Reading Kevin Canty's Story with a Bird (in the October 6, 2014 New Yorker)
* Reading The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P. (so so good)

FOOD:
* The kids loving their first Ethiopian meal (at Meaza)
* Crockpot pork roast with apples in apple cider
* North south chili (from The Moosewood Restaurant Cooking for Health: More Than 200 New Vegetarian and Vegan Recipes for Delicious and Nutrient-Rich Dishes
* Celestial Seasoning's Caramel Apple Dream tea
* Baked cod with feta and tomatoes (Cooking Light)
* Hot cider with rum before trick or treating

PLACES:
* Claude Moore Colonial Farm's autumn market fair (we love this place)
* Soccer practice at dusk (for all three kids)
* Days of Endless Time at the Hirshhorn
* Cox Farm's corn maze

STUFF:
* My new pink leather purse from the Gap
* Korres Greek Yoghurt Advanced Nourishing Sleeping Facial (I think I like this even better than La Mer, plus it's much much cheaper).

ETC:
* Making my own pair of PJ pants (yay! for learning how to sew)
* Basement yoga with Beth
* Ticket to Ride and Quirkle for family game night
* F and T assembling T's Lego Friends set together (plus, I'm glad I didn't have to do it)
* F writing her own blog (it's part of a school project)
* Friday Halloween, complete with happy hour and F's birthday sleepover

VACATION (Cape Charles, VA):
* Kiptopeke State Park
* The zipline playground
* Free wine tasting and polka music
* Swimming outside in October
* Wonderful food and conversation with good friends
* And the rain stayed away


THE KIDS' LISTS: (Dan has been putting the kids to bed most nights, so these are only the few bits and pieces I catch when I'm in the room)

F - a really great birthday, my awesome presents, a nice house to live in and food to eat, my family

P - that everything is so great, Silver Diner night, my school, my friends, soccer, gymnastics, playdates

T - our festival for walk and bike to school day, free slap-it bracelets, the Halloween parade, school, soccer

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...